Change (or lack thereof)

 Tonight, I find the mirror lying to me

So many things, that I didn't expect to see

I don't know what's worse, the darkness under my eyes

Or that within them, speaking of a silent sacrifice


I've always done what I needed to, never more

What I wanted never had never failed me before

But tonight, my wants exceed my needs

As I find myself consumed with greed


Maybe that is why I cannot recognize myself now?

Maybe I'm no longer the same, maybe I changed somehow

But how do you tell the world, that you're not the old you?

When you don't even know, what you're becoming into?


The past and the future me, like two worlds collide

While the present me looks for a place to hide

And so it is lost in the mirror, lost like a maze

Lost forever, until the mask becomes a face

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of work...and not much else

Compromise

Sleepless Nights