Pet Peeves (I Hate)

When I was young, I heard the von Trapps sing
Roses and whiskers weren't ever my favourite things
But that made me think, I have a list of my own 
Of things I hate, that no one would miss, if they're gone

Well I hate the sound of bells first thing in the morning
I hate times that end, without any warning
Both of them represent change I cannot deal with
Just like moving away from home, they make me weak

I hate people that divide on the basis of religion
People that derive their pride from their position
Recognise the privilege that you grew up in
Your life would be trash too if you grew up in a bin

I hate it when people try hard to be noticed in a crowd
It's not a question of being better, just that of being loud
There's no reason to be basic and yet to be proud
Don't try so hard to fit in, just to stand out

I hate people that take a loan but would never be a lender
Hate people that lie and only speak with an agenda
If you looked at my Twitter feed, half of them are bots
Dividing societies into haves and have nots

I hate people that find success in seeing others fail
You can be the head without someone else in the tail
I hate people that take extra pride in being rude
And think they're being funny when they're just being lewd

I hate people that sell the myth of productivity in life
Telling me a thousand things to do with my time
But if I have time with my loved ones, and have time to sleep
Why do you think, there's anything else I need?

And I hate people who think they can never be wrong
Endowed with the power of wisdom that makes them strong
Acting as messiahs to people that never asked
Legends in their own mind, with their ego never surpassed

But the one thing I don't hate, are hypocrites that teach
You about life, but never practise what they preach
Because if I did, I would go straight to hell
The one that I'd hate the most would be myself

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of work...and not much else

Compromise

Sleepless Nights