Seeing You

I saw the hair fly by your face
And that's when I fell for you
A smile lit up my gaze
When you looked back at me too

That's when I came to know
Two eyes are two eyes too few
Because even if I had a couple more
I couldn't get enough of watching you

I wish that I could say to you
I see the world in your eyes
But when I'm looking at you
The world's hidden in mine

You may be the moon of my eye
But am I the moon, and you the sun?
You're the source of my light
My glow is just your pale reflection

I know I've seen you before
But there was something different
That told me you'd be back for more
Back when the future was the present

And even though you say you have
Got to leave, got to leave soon
The eyes, they say something else
They leave me hanging like a fool

So light up my life with the light
The light of a thousand stars
And even though now we say goodbye
There's no way you're going far

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of work...and not much else

Compromise

Sleepless Nights