Eraser, Regret and Aspirations

Sometimes I don't know how I got to this day
Whether I became what I am or I was born this way
Enjoyed my space, and yet I would take it back
To keep my people closer than verses in a cold rap

But it seems like lately I've been pushing everyone away
Wish I had the courage to tell them and make them stay
Been silent too many times when I should've said aloud
How can I be sure when I am made of doubt?

Afraid that I may fail, or life would just get worse
The gift of this knowledge feels more like a curse
If I am just the sum of what I do, and what I learn
Why do I have to do it to decide how much I earn?

I have always heard that money is the root of all evil
That's like saying that guns are the reason we kill
We do it to be things we would never become
If you didn't chase the high life, how would you ever have fun

If ever I was strong enough to pay off my debt
My empty coffers would never fill me with regret
Living a life so carefree when I've paid my dues
The thing about having nothing is you have nothing to lose

Until then, my thoughts will continue taking me far
Wishes in my heart, flying away like a shooting star
Living in a place where nothing is as it seems
I think I'll find my dream world in the world of my dreams

They are what get me through my highs and lows
They are the only thing that keep my on my toes
They are also the reason the next part sounds like prose
I guess I have never listed them, so here it goes

I wish my family and my friends are happy and healthy
And if love was a currency, everyone was wealthy
I wish that people always get what they wish for
And they wished for things they'd have if they knew more

I wish that I could write better lines, and use them for a living
My words helped express the emotions that my thoughts bring
I wish that I had something new to write, something new to say
And these songs didn't just sound like yet another cliche

I wish that I could say everything that I thought of
That I didn't hold myself back thinking it was too tough
And maybe I will, these things will come in time
For now, I can be happy articulating in rhyme

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of work...and not much else

Compromise

Sleepless Nights