Mauerbauertraurigkeit

I've given up on the hope that we'll ever meet
Our conversations, though few, only seem to repeat

I don't know how it got to this point of time
I know we said we wouldn't ever speak a lie

But what about the things we never tell each other
Anymore, do you keep things from your brother

I'd do anything to keep you happy and healthy
Late into the night to comfort you, I'd be stealthy

But now I don't pick up in the middle of the day
I'll call you again in a while, you'll find me say

But you know it's just a lie, because I've moved on
You think I replaced you, but you couldn't be more wrong

There's no one to share with, when the days get long
That's why you'll find me complaining in this song

But it's my own choice, it's not like I do mind
The older I get, the more I have to leave behind

And there's a word for it, Mauerbauertraurigkeit
If you knew about it, you'd know it fits

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of work...and not much else

Compromise

Sleepless Nights