Sleepless Nights

Another night goes away, and I find myself awake

Funny how I lost myself for yet another day

The night grows longer as the shadows creep

I toss and turn, trying to catch another minute of sleep

 

Put my phone away, but I didn't come with a bedtime mode

My thoughts notify my brain as my body goes slow

I can't put myself to sleep, however much I try

It's dark outside but it's darker underneath my eyes

 

The sun rises outside, but it's my irises that are red

My mind starts wandering about things I should've done instead

I got jetlag without the trips, nightmares without the winks

Think about working out, but all I do is start work in

 

I got a day job but I do it in the night

And sleep in the day when it's bright, outside

The world's upside down from where I see it

What do days matter anyway when the light's been lit?

 

Although I've been told to change, by those near me

It's like I got my eyes closed, because I can't see clearly

A couple of hours in, and my eyes get heavier

I try to keep up but my thoughts get unsteadier

 

Annoyed, but who do I got to blame though?

I flip my cold side away, like I'm another pillow

Brush my teeth just to make sure I don't have a bad mouth

I may be quiet, but inside me it's real loud

 

I keep saying sleep is for the weak, but that's just a lie

I wish I could sleep for a week, and not bat an eye

All my life I've been looking for a reason to stay awake for

It's time I found some, that helped me sleep more

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of work...and not much else

Compromise